For the past one week, the thought of Malaysian airline flight MH 370 is keep bothering me. In this modern world of technology, its still mysterious to know that a boeing 777 model flight is missing for several days. Lost the hope , that the passengers are still alive. I keep juggling between CNN,BBc and Foxnews for updates. My heart is praying for the people in the flight. Let us all pray together, to find the plane.
Hopefully , my shipment will arrive this weekend. Again posting a recipe from my draft.Methi pa rathas are very apt for travels. It is healthy too.My sister prepares this very often. Even my mom tries this often. Though, H is not fond of methi, I prepared it for me. The rotis were soft and chewy. Its because we added yogurt. We can also skip yogurt and add just water.
1.Methi leaves - 1 cup
2.Onion - 1/2
3.Garlic pods - 2 to 3
4.Green chillies - 2
5.Yogurt - 2 tbsp.
6.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp.
7.Salt - as needed
8.Wheat flour - 2 cups
9.Water - as needed
10.Oil - as needed
* Wash the methi leaves well in plain water. Chop it finely. Chop the onion,green chillies, garlic pods finely. They should not be seen in the roti. So chop them finely.
* Take a pan, add oil to a hot pan. Then sauté sliced onion, garlic and green chillies. Let them get sautéed well. Now add chilli powder and mix it with the onion. Don't burn the chilli powder, then the colour will change. Now add the chopped methi leaves and sauté, till it wilts. At last add little saltMake sure the methi leaves are dry after sautéing.
* Some methi leaves may taste bitter, so try to sauté them well. Adding more chilli powder will also, balance some bitterness.
* Adding yogurt will make the parathas soft. If you don't want, we can skip the yogurt.
* Methi parathas, are very apt for travels, as it stays soft during the travel.
* IF you don't want onion, you can skip it and add just the methi leaves.