Soups and salads ,has become part of my family now a days.Whenever, I run out of ideas, soups come handy.It has less calories compared to other greasy food. The key ingredient is broth. Never try to prepare soup without broth. The soup will not taste good,without broth.Yesterday, I prepared this soup along with some moist grilled chicken. It went very well.We can also add some chopped carrots,beans and peas. Add the corn flour accoring to the consistancy you want.Adjust the spice level according to your taste.I have still more soups in the to do list. Egg drop soup ,is one among them. Will try to psot it next week.
Check the other soup recipes here
Cooking time : 10 mins
Serves : 4
1.Sweet Corn - 1 cup
2.Ginger - 2 tbsp ( finely chopped)
3.Garlic - 2 tbsp ( finely chopped)
4.Spring onions - hand full (chopped)
5.Chicken / Vegetable broth - 2 cups
6.Water - 1 cup
7.Pepper power - to taste
8.Corn flour - 1 tsp
9.Salt - to taste
10.Sesame oil - 1 tsp
* Take all the ingredients for soup. We can either use chicken broth or vegetable broth. Even you can make the broth at home. Just throw some cilantro stems,carrot,onion,pepper corns,garlic to a cooker and add water. Pressure cook for atleast 3 whistles. Strain the water and use.Chop the white part of the spring onion and keep it separately.
* Take a pan, add oil and saute chopped ginger and garlic pods. When it is sautee, add the white part of the spring onion and stir.
* Now pour the chicken broth and bring it to boil. Since I had less broth I used water.
*If you want, you can skip water completely and use broth alone. Broth will give good taste to the soup.
* Now ad the sweet corn and cook. The sweet corn will cook within 3 minutes.
* Remove 3/4 of the corn and belnd it in a blender. Give it a mix. The mixture should be fine.
* Pass the grinded corn through a sieve. This will make sure that the soup has a smooth texture.
*Take corn flour in a cup and mix it with water. Now pour the corn starch mixture to the soup and mix. If you think, that your soup is thin,add more corn flour mixture to the soup.If it becomes thick, add some more broth to make it thin.
* Adjust salt and pepper powder to your taste.At last garnish with choppe spring onions.
Serve the soup hot with some garlic toast!!!
* Always use broth to make any soup. It gives unique taste to the soup.
* Use amount of corn flour accoring to your wish.
* We can also use little carrots, beans and peas to the soup. They have to be chopped finely.
*While blending the corn, make sure it grins finely.
* We can also add milk or heavy cream at the end to give a creamy texture.