A new start and beginning in my blogging . I started cooking and clicking here in Plymouth. To start with a sweet, I prepared this simple pasta kheer. Here in our master bedroom,we have 2 windows and a glass door. These gives abondant light to my photoshoot. We have screens/ blinds, which can be closed or opened ,depending upon the light.That particular day, there was no sunlight, but still it gavea dark mood to the food. I just closed my blinds . I wanted to the room to be bit dim. So placed some black bouncers . I bought this wooden plank from "Menards", it just costed me $5 . It elevated the kheer to certain extent. I used my pasta on a canister. I was pretty much satisfied with the pictures. But coming to the stepwise pictures, I miss Irving. Because ,I had a window in my kitchen there, which gave my stepwise pictures a good focus. But here ,I don't have a window, so I have to rely on the kitchen light. It was pretty good ,but not too good.
Coming to the recipe, it is a fusion of Indian and western. Kheer tasted too good. Kids loved it a lot. I took it for a dinner party, and it was over within minutes.Serves : 4
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
1.Pasta - 1/2 cup
2 Whole.Milk - 2 1/2 cup
3.Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
4.Almonds - 4 to 5
5.Cashews - 4 to 5
6.Sugar - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
7.Salt - a pinch
8.Cardamom pwdr - a pinch
* Cook the pasta in hot water ,with little oil. This will make the pastas non sticky. Pastas should be cooked well.
* Pour milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Then reduce the flame .Milk is going to cook like this ,for the next 10 minutes.
* Soak the almonds and cashews in hot water for about 10 minutes and remove the skin of almonds. Take a blender, add cashews ,almonds and little milk. Grind it to a paste. The paste should be fine.
* Now , mix the coconut milk with the grinded paste .
* When the milk is cooked well, add the pastas to it. Mix it well. After a minute, add the grinded mixture and give it a stir.Start mixing the milk, if not it will sit at the bottom.
* Now add sugar . Taste it and adjust the sugar level according to your taste. Add a pinch of salt. This will bring out a punch in the dessert. At last add cardamom powder and turn off the flame.Serve it either hot or chilled. I loved the kheer ,chilled.Notes:
* We can replace low fat milk with whole milk.
* Add sugar according to your taste.
* Adding coconut milk will bring out nice flavour, but if you don't want ,you can skip it.
* The kheer should not be too thick or too thin.
* We can also use some saffron strands , to give it a nice colour.