Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pasta Kheer / Pasta Payasam

 A new start and beginning in my blogging . I started cooking and clicking here in Plymouth. To start with a sweet, I prepared this simple pasta kheer. Here in our master bedroom,we have 2 windows and a glass door. These gives abondant light to my photoshoot. We have screens/ blinds, which can be closed or opened ,depending upon the light.That particular day, there was no sunlight, but still it gavea dark mood to the food. I just closed my blinds . I wanted to the room to be bit dim. So placed some black bouncers . I bought this wooden plank from "Menards", it just costed me $5 . It elevated the kheer to certain extent. I used my pasta on a canister. I was pretty much satisfied with the pictures. But coming to the stepwise pictures, I miss Irving. Because ,I had a window in my kitchen there, which gave my stepwise pictures a good focus. But here ,I don't have a window, so I have to rely on the kitchen light. It was pretty good ,but not too good. 
  Coming to the recipe, it is a fusion of Indian and western. Kheer tasted too good. Kids loved it a lot. I took it for a dinner party, and it was over within minutes.
Serves                 : 4
Preparation time :  10 minutes
Cooking time       :  20 minutes

Ingredients:
    1.Pasta                          -              1/2 cup
    2 Whole.Milk                -               2 1/2 cup
    3.Coconut milk              -               1/2 cup
    4.Almonds                     -                4 to 5
    5.Cashews                     -               4 to 5
    6.Sugar                          -               1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
    7.Salt                             -                a pinch
    8.Cardamom pwdr         -                a pinch  
         
Method:
* Cook the pasta in hot water ,with little oil. This will make the pastas non sticky. Pastas should be cooked well.

* Pour milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Then reduce the flame .Milk is going to cook like this ,for the next 10 minutes.

* Soak the almonds and cashews in hot water for about 10 minutes and remove the skin of almonds. Take a blender, add cashews ,almonds and little milk. Grind it to a paste. The paste should be fine.

* Now , mix the coconut milk with the grinded paste .


* When the milk is cooked well, add the pastas to it. Mix it well. After a minute, add the grinded mixture and give it a stir.Start mixing the milk, if not it will sit at the bottom.

* Now add sugar . Taste it and adjust the sugar level according to your taste. Add a pinch of salt. This will bring out a punch in the dessert. At last add cardamom powder and turn off the flame.Serve it either hot or chilled. I loved the kheer ,chilled.
Notes:
* We can replace low fat milk with whole milk.
* Add sugar according to your taste.
* Adding coconut milk will bring out nice flavour, but if you don't want ,you can skip it.
* The kheer should not be too thick or too thin.
* We can also use some saffron strands , to give it a nice colour.


14 comments:

Sangeetha Priya said...

yummy payasam!!!

great-secret-of-life said...

looks so cream and tasty Kheer.. Seems like you are going to hv good fun with lights .. all the best..

nandoos kitchen said...

Yumm.. Definitely an innovative post..

Poornimacookbook said...

Very innovative and inviting kheer. I always love to try different types of kheer.

Resna said...

First time hearing pasta kheer.....Looks so yummy...loved it

Unknown said...

Wow never heard about pasta kheer. looks yummy

Unknown said...

Delicious looking pasta payasam ...Looks delish dear :)

Priya Suresh said...

Oh all settled down already?? fantastic that u started cooking and clicking in ur new place Savi, delicious looking kheer,irresistible.

Shama Nagarajan said...

super inviting dear

thelady8home said...

Pasta kheer!! Wow! That's innovative!! Love the idea!

Lifewithspices said...

sooper yummy one

Rani acharyulu said...

Nice idea of using pasta in kheer,it looks delicious and yummy.

prethika said...

Pasta payasam is one of my fav's.Adding cashew and badam paste is a good idea..Looks rich

Anu Yalo said...

A variety payasam..good one

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...