1.Rice flour - 2 cups
2.Water - 1 cup
3.Oil - 1/4 cup
4.Salt - to taste.
* We can either buy rice flour from shop or do it at home.
* Soak the rice in water for half an hour and dry in under a fan.
* Throw it in a blender and make it a pwdr.
* We can also dry roast the rice flour in a pan and sieve it.
* this is the Grannys method and u will get nice soft idiyappams.
Actually I got the home made rice flour from my MIL and it came out really well.
Now lets get into the process.
* Boil the water in stove and keep it ready.we can keep some extra hot water for final touch ups.
* Take a wide mouthed bowl and mix the rice flour and salt together,
* Now add the hot water slowly and mix the flour with a wooden stick.
* Add the oil into the mixture.
* When the flour mixture is warm, make it into a soft dough with hands as shown.
* Grease the press with oil and fill it with the dough. Make rice noodles in a greased idli plate.
|Ready to be cooked.....|
* Cook it well and serve with coconut dressing and sugar.
|See the texture, wow........|