Its been 3 months.since I blogged .I had my in laws visit and some health issues,these restrained me from blogging .My friends were asking me to return back soon.I shud mention here, about my beloved friends,who enquired about my absence.I owe to them a lot.Thank u friends for ur continous support.And I promise u that,I will be regularly posting,blog hopping.Here I am ,with a festival recipe.This is my MIL's recipe.She prepared it and bought it from India .Its foolproof recipe.Give it a try.
Recipe source: MIL
1.Maida - 2 cups
2.Powdered sugar - 1 1/2 cups
3.Salt - 1 tsp
4.Baking soda - a pinch
5.Ghee - 1 tbsp
6.water - 1/4 cup (or as needed)
* Take a pan ,add ghee and roast the maida flour.Roast it untill we have a nice aroma.
* Add the roasted maida flour,powdered sugar,salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl.Mix them well.
* Form a soft dough ,by sprinkling water .
* Rest the dough for an hour.Keep it tightly covered.
* Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
* Cut the rotis into diamonds and fry till it turns into golden brown biscuits.
* Wipe off the excess oil and store in a air tight container.
Sugar level depends on individuals taste.If u want the diamond biscuits to be less sweet ,then u can add 1 cup of powdered sugar ,instead of 1 1/2 cups.Keep in mind,powdered sugar differs from sugar in quantity.Fry the chips in medium heat,as there are chanced for the chips to get brown soon.