Mutton Semiya is one of the famous dish,which muslims prepare during ramzaan.My friend Ayeesha,gave me the recipe .We thoroughly enjoyed this dish.This resembles biriyani,but in semiya texture.My h was sceptic about the taste,at first look.After finishing two bowls,he was addicted to its taste.Give it a try.U will love it.
1.Onion - 1
2.Tomato - 1
3.Green chillies - 2
4.Mint leaves - a hand full
5.Coriander leaves - a handfull
For pressre cooking:
1.Mutton - 300 gms
2.G&G paste - 1/2 tsp
3.Chilli pwdr - 1/2 tsp
4.Turmeric pwdr - a pinch
5.Cinnamon,cloves - 2 of each
1.Cinnamon - half an inch
2.Cloves - 3 to 4
3.Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
* Pressure cook the ingredients under "for pressure cooking" for 3 whistles .
* Take a pan,add oil and splutter with the tempering ingredients.
* Saute the onion ,green chillies and scald in well.
* Now add the tomato and saute , till it oozes out oil.
* Now add the cooked mutton and mix it with mint and coriander leaves.
* Add 4 cups of mutton broth and bring it to boil.
* Now add the fried semiya and cover it.
* Turn the stove to medium and cook the semiya ,stirring in between.
* Some vermicellis brand wont need 4 cups of broth.Then u can add 3 1/2 cup broth.
* Dont forget to roast the semiya,if not bitiyani would become soggy.
* We can even try with chicken or shrimp.But the mutton gives extra ordinary taste.