Hi I am back to blogging again. My laptop crashed,so I was not able to post any dishes.Got my laptop back ,just today and here comes the tasty and healthy gobi paratha. Gobi paratha is another quick fix dinner for those lazy evenings.Its healthy too.I would prefer these parathas,as I could sneak in veges into these parathas for my H and Rohith.Best accompaniments for these parathas are curd and pickle. Gobi haters can take these parathas ,sure it would turn u into a gobi lover :)
1.Cauliflower - 1/2
2.Chilli pwdr - 1 tsp
3.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
4.Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
5.Cilantro - 1 tbsp (chopped)
6.Oil - 1 tbsp
7.Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
For the dough:
1.Wheat flour - 2 cups
2.Water - 1 cup
3.Salt - 1/2 tsp
4.Sugar - 1/2 tsp
5.Oil - 2 tbsp
Preparing the dough:
* Take a mixing bowl,add wheat flour,salt and sugar.
* Mix them well.
* Heat water for a minute.
* Slowly add the water to the flour,and knead it into a soft dough.
* :Pour oil over the dough and cover it.
* Let it rest for an hour.
|1.Grated cauli flower 2.Dough 3.Masala Cauliflower 4.To be stuffed|
Preparing the stuffing:
* Wash the cauliflower florets and dry them.
* Take a grater and grate the cauliflower well.
* Take a pan,add oil and splutter with cumin seeds.
* Add the grated cauliflower and saute it ,till it is half cooked..
* Now add turmeric pwdr,chilli pwdr and garam masala pwdr.
* Toss it till,the raw smell is removed.
* Add the chopped cilantro and cover,it till it is cooked.
Preparing the paratha:
* Divide the dough into equal sized balls.
* Divide the stuffing into equal sized balls.
* Take the dough and pat it ,so that the centre of the dough is thick .
* Place rhe stuffing on the dough and close it.
|1.Stuffing is wrapped . 2.Rolled out paratha. 3.Cooking one side 4.Puffed up paratha|
* Roll it carefully into a medium thicknessed roti .
* Cook the paratha on a tava.
*When ,one side is cooked well,flip it around .
* Drizzle oil over the paratha,and now we can see the paratha puffing up.
* Serve it with raita.
|Ready to be served with Salad,butter and pickle.|
* While rolling the parathas,take care not to torn them.
* Make sure the stuffing to be dry,if not it will make the paratha soggy.
* A perfect paratha will puff up,as shown in the pic.