Happy Saraswathi pooja,Ayudha pooja to my readers,friends and family.May god bless u all with abundant health and wealth. Here is a simple sundal to celebrate this special occasion.Usualy I
will prepare any sundal for evening snack.Today I prepared this verkadalai sundal for the neivedhyam.
Peanuts are rich in nutrients,and has high antioxidants than in carrot or beetroot. It is rich in niacin also.Serving a hand full boiled peanut ,helps to fight against cardio vascular disease. So we can have it roasted or boiled.
I have used dry peanuts,we can also use raw peanuts,which need not be soaked.Just boil the peanuts and temper it.
* Wash and soak the peanuts for 2 hours.
* Pressure cook for 2 whistles or untill, it is cooked well.
* Take a panl,add oil and temper with mustard seeds,urad dal ,red chillies,urry leaves and hing.
* Now transfer the boiled peanuts to the pan and toss it.
* Adjust salt to taste.
* Garnish with shredded coconut .
* Serve with a cup of coffee.
* Make sure the peanuts are cooked 90 %, if not there are chances for the peanut to over cook
* We can also cook the peanut in a saucepan,with salt.
* We can also add chilli pwdr to saute ,instead of red chillies.