Brocolli has so many health benefits.It is rich in iron.I have never tried brocolli before. When my friend Geetha and I were speaking on the phone day,she was telling about this simple stir fry .Wanted to try brocolli stir fry.So bought these florets from Walmart.It tasted just like cauli flower.The garlic pods enhance the flavor of brocolli.From then on,started to try brocolli.
1.Brocolli florets - 1 cup
2. Red Chillies - 4 to 5
3.Garlic pods - 3 to 4
4.Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
5.Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
6.Curry leaves - a spring
7.Salt to taste
8.Olive oil - a tbsp.
* Wash and cut the broccoli into florets.
* Crush garlic pods and keep it aside.
* Take a pan,add oil ,temper with mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves.
* Now add crushed garlic pods and red chillies.
* Now add washed brocolli florets .
* Saute the florets in medium flame ,till they reduce in volume.It should be cooked fully.
* Sprinkle salt to the florets and turn it off.
* I prefer not to add water to brocolli. But if you want,go ahead and sprinkle some water.