Drumstick leaves are rare here in Irving.So whenever I see them.will not forget to put it in my cart.Its bit costly too.But its nutritional values makes it to grab irrespective of the price.Usually I will do kootu with it.Today ,I remembered my mom's fry,so prepared it .She will add ground peanut,garlic and red chillies,which will make the fry unique.Miss u mom :)
1.Drumstick leaves - 1 cup
2.Onion - 1(chopped)
3.Oil - 1 tbsp
4.Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
5.Urad dal - 1/4 tsp
6.curry leaves - few
7.Salt - to taste
1.Peanuts - 1 tbsp
2.Red chillies - 5
3.Garlic cloves - 2
* Dry roast the peanuts in a pan and cool it.
* Grind peanuts,garlic cloves and red chillies to coarse pwdr.
* Wash and clean the drumstick leaves.
* Take a pan,add oil and splutter with mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves.
* Now add the chopped onion and saute ,till it turns pink.
* Now add the drumstick leaves and toss it.
* When the drumstick leaves are cooked,add the grinded masala on top of the drumstick leaves.
* Give it a toss and adjust salt to taste.
* When the green leaves are cooked,turn off the stove and serve with rice.
Add red chilllies according to your taste.
Dont over cook the drumstick leaves,as it may taste bitter.
Don't cover the pan ,while cooking drumstick leaves as it may change the colour .