Chilli cheese sandwitch is my favourite breakfast. We used to have it with my friends at "Gangotree" restaurant @ T.nagar. Those are beautifull days, where we order different chaat items and chat till it crosses 8 or 9pm. Then, I will walk to my home @ Teynampet. Nostalgic.Those are the days, where I used to walk a lot. Yeah, it will be approximately 1 kilometre from "Gangotree" to my home.I will happily walk back, with the memories of my friends in my mind.But after coming to US, walking has decreased a lot, and hence the increased in weight :) This breakfast or snack can be prepared within 10 minutes. The sharpness of the green chillies gives a unique taste to the sandwitch. I have used cheddar cheese, you can try it mozerella ,for its unique white colour.Serves : 1
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
1.Wheat bread slices - 2
2.Green chillies - 2
3.Cheese - 3 tbsp.
4.Cilantro - 1 tbsp.
5.Butter - 1 tbsp.
6.Pepper pwdr - a pinch
* Spread butter on both the sides of the bread slices. This way, when we grill, there will be beautifull brown layer on top of the bread.
* Spread the chilli and cheese mixture on top of a bread. Use a spoon and spread them evenly.
* Now place the other bread on top of the cheese spread.Press it firmly.
* This sandwitch can be made as a toast, by applying the cheese on one side and just grilling, without topping it with another bread.
* Adjust the number of chillies according to your taste.
* I have used cheddar cheese, you can use mozerella. I prefer cheddar, because of the low fat, it has.
* If you want, you can also use some chaat masala to the sandwitch.
* We can also toast the bread on a tawa, if we don't have grill at home.