1.Peanuts - 2 tbsp
2.Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
3.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
4.Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
For thr fry:
1.Purple eggplants - 7
2.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
3.Chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
4.Oil - 2 tbsp
5.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
6.Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
7.Salt - as required
8.Curry leaves - handfull
|1.Fried peanut,coriander and cumin seeds 2.Grinding with onion |
3.Sauting 4.Frying with the grinded mixture.
* Wash and pat dry the egg plants.
* Make 4 slits to each eggplant,but dont cut them fully.
* Take a pan , dry roast the peanuts,coriander seeds and cumin seeds.
* Cool them and grind with onion.
* Now add turmeric pwdr, chilli pwdr and little salt, to the grinded paste and mix well
* Stuff the eggplants with the 3/4 of the masala.
* In the same pan,add oil splutter with mustard seeds and urad dal.
* Now add the stuffed eggplants and fry them by covering it.
* When the eggplant is partially cooked,add the remaining masala and fry.
* Cook the eggplants in low flame ,by covering it.
* Sprinkle salt and cook it.
* Serve with rice and pappad.
|Spicy brinjal fry !!!|