I am a great chocolate lover. I can have it in any form like,cakes shakes etc. But H is not a big fan .So I feel hesitant in baking big chocolate cakes. When I saw ,fellow bloggers baking chocolate mug cake in microwave,it tempted me a lot. So I went ahead in research of easy ,yet spongy chocolate cake.Got this yummy recipe from a youtube video.The original recipe didnt call for baking powder,but I felt it adding baking powder does the magic.We can also avoid adding chocolate chips,but the gooey texture of the chocolate chips will enhance the taste of the cake.The speciality of this cake is ,it can be baked in less than 2 minutes,in a mug.Both Rohith and me enjoyed the cake. Prepared it several times from that day on.
1.All purpose flour - 4 tbsp
2.Sugar - 4 tbsp
3.Egg (beaten) - 2 tbsp
4.Oil - 3 tbsp
5.Milk - 3 tbsp
6.Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
7.Vanilla essence - a dash
8.Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
9.Chocolate chips - 3 tbsp
* Beat the egg well..Bring milk to room temperature.
* Take a mug,add all purpose flour,sugar,baking powder and mix well.
* Add egg,oil,milk,vanilla essence ,mix it real good.
* Add the chocolate chips on top ,but dont mix after adding the chocolate chips.Because,if u add the chips and mix ,then the cake will not rise and it wont be soft too.
|1.Mixing egg with dry ingredients 2.Adding milk |
3. Ready to microwave . 4. final outcome
* Microwave for 1 minute and then again for 30 seconds .
* Now your chocolate cake is ready in 1.30 minutes.
* Enjoy the cake when it is hot with powder cane sugar.
|gooey and yummy cake!!!|
* The cake will rise well,so use a big mug.
* The cake will stick to the edges,it took me about 10 mins to clean the edges.
* Don't try to mix the batter after adding the chocolate chips.
* We can also replace chocolate chips with nutella, peanut butter ..