Pancakes are my son's favourite.He loves to eat it with the maple syrup.So we used to buy it in bulks from sam's club.But when I got this recipe from Vah chef, I completely stopped buying pancakes from shops.Because it was fluffy and fresh than the store bought.This is a very good recipe and easy too.Now I am preparing the pancakes in bulk and freezing them for future use in ziploc bags.We can also top the pancakes with fresh fruits and feed the kids.Other alternative we can use for maple syrup is honey.
1.All purpose flour - 1 cup
2.Egg - 1
3.Baking pwdr - 1 tsp
4.Salt - a pinch
5.Sugar - 2 tsp
6.Milk - 1 cup
7.Oil - 1 tbsp
|1.Mixing the dry ingredients 2.Mixing the wet ingredients|
3.Beating the egg whites till peak. 4.Cooking the pan cakes in a griddle.
* Take a mixing bowl, add flour,salt, baking pwdr and mix it well.(dry ingredients)
* Separate egg white from the yolk in separate bowls.
* Take egg yolk,sugar,milk and oil.Beat them and mix well.(wet ingreients)
* Take the egg white and beat it for atleast 20 mins in a wide bowl.When we beat the egg whites,it will start forming foams.After 15 mins, we can see peaks forming on the whisk as shown on the picture.
* Now mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients together .
* Finally fold in the egg white into the batter .Fold in well,so that there is airation in the batter.
* Heat the griddle to a medium heat.
* Pour a laddle full of batter on the griddle .Cook for a minute and flip it over.
* We can see pores on top of the pan cake,as shown in the picture.
* This is because of the airation and it makes the pancake fluffy.
* Top with banana and enjoy with maple syrup.
* Beating the egg whites is very essential in getting a fluffy pan cake.
* Care should be taken in cooking the pan cake,as there are chances for it to get black.
* Pancakes will cook in less then a minute ,so be very carefull.
* Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients ,without any lumps.