As Krishna Jeyanthi is fast approaching,here comes the easiest and quickest dessert of all seasons. Rava laddoo has a long story.When I was schooling,this is the first ever sweet I tried in my life. Initially, I will not be able to make balls out of the rava mixture.we will end up in a bowl of rava and sugar mixture.Some times the mixture will be lumpy(thanks to the courtesy of wrong milk ratio) ,sometimes it will be fine.But not the perfect ones.I and my sister used to have it as such.After I found the secret of adding milk at right proportion, the trauma came to an end:) My mom and MIL will be busy preparing the palagarams by now.Here is my contribuition to the fest.
1.Rava - 1 cup
2.Sugar - 1 cup
3.Milk - 1/4 cup or as needed
4.Ghee - 1/4 cup
5.Cashews - 2 tbsp
6.Raisins - 2 tbsp
7.Saffron - 2 pinch ( for garnishing)
* Take a pan,add ghee and heat it. Fry the cashews and raisins ,till golden brown. Keep them aside.
* In the same pan,fry the rava till golden brown.
* Dump in the sugar and mix it well.
* Once sugar is mixed well,turn off the stove. If not sugar will melt and mix with the rava and form lumps.* Meanwhile ,heat the milk and keep it aside.The milk should be warm not hot.
* Take the pan and mix rava with the fried cashews and raisins.
* Now,slowly, add hot milk using a spoon.Don't add too much milk,if not the mixture will be runny.
* When the mixture is warm enough to handle,try to make balls out of the mix.
* If the rava is not able to be shaped,add more milk.Garnish with saffron.
* Let the ladoos ,cool completely .
* Store in air tight containers.
* We have to shape the rava ladoos,soon ,before the mix becomes hard.
* Amount of sugar can be altered according to our taste.
* Warm milk should be used ,this will make the laddoos firm.
* We can keep the laddoos on the counter for a week.It stays fresh.