Chettinadu region is well known for its dishes. Baby potatoes are marinated with masala and roasted .Here comes a simple yet scrumptious dish. I saw this recipe here. Though I book marked it , couldn't do it asap. Prepared this recently and hence the post. When I saw baby potatoes at walmart , couldn't refrain myself from getting it.The only thing has to be noted is, masala should get into the potatoes very well.So prick the holes ,in a way that the masala will get in the potatoes. This fry goes very well with sambar rice,curd rice or just with rasam saadham.
- Baby potatoes - 1/2 Kg
- Curry Leaves - handfull
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Ghee - 1 Tbsp
- Onion - 1/2
- Ginger - 1/2"
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp (or) Curd - 2 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
* Grind the masala ingredients together without water .Add very little water if needed.
* Mix the masala, 1 tsp oil and potatoes. Marinate for a couple of hours (or overnight in the fridge).
* Heat a pressure pan and add marinated potatoes to it.
* Add a little water (1/4 cup) and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
* Meanwhile, fry the curry leaves in ghee and keep it aside.
* Take another pan, add oil and transfer the cooked potatoes with the masala to it.
* Cook on medium heat ,till the potatoes are roasted well.It should be fried evenly.
* Serve with curd rice.