Rabdi is a flavorfull and creamy dressing made out of whole milk. This dressing is often served on top of jalebi ,malpua or shahi tukda. Here I have given the traditional method, where milk is cooked on a stove top ,till it reduces in its volume to 1/4 th. Then sugar is added, with corn flour mixture and cardamom pwdr. Mostly rabdi is garnished with fried nuts and raisins. Rabdi can be prepared ahead of time and served chilled. Today I prepared rabdi for shahi tukda, the recipe I am going to post next. Check for the recipe of Jalebi, Malpua .
1.Whole milk - 6 cups (approx. 1 1/ 2 litres )
2. Sugar - 1/4 cup
3. Corn flour - 1/4 tsp
4.Cardamom pwdr - a pinch
5.Nuts - To garnish
6.Saffron - a pinch
* Take a heavy bottomed pan. I always rely on my pressure pan for its durability and heavy bottom. . Pour milk into the pan . Bring it to boil . Now turn the stove to medium low. The flame is going to be like this for the next one hour.
* The rabdi may become too thich , like a paste, if we add more corn flour. So try to use little or no corn flour. When refrigerating, rabdi may become too thick. So keep that in mind.
* If the rabdi becomes too thick, then add little warm milk and mix it. This will dilute the rabdi , but the taste remains the same. At this point. check for the sweetness. If it is less, then add little sugar.
* If the rabdi is thin and running, then keep the rabdi on the stove and cook ,till it becomes thick.
* We can either add fried nuts or plain nuts.