Kababs are usualy grilled in skewers either on a charcoal grill or in a oven. The grilling will make the meat tender and moist. Lamb or mutton minced meat is popularly used in sheek kabab. I have already prepared veg sheek kabab. Wanted to try with meat this time. I shallow fried the kababs in a pan. But we can also grill the kababs in the oven. While grilling it in the oven soak the skewers in water for atleast 10 mins. Then shape the minced meat around the skewers and bake them along with the skewers. Prepared these simple and healthy kababs , for a lunch party . Guests enjoyed these kababs. Try these simple kababs and share the pictures with me.
Check my vegetable Sheek Kabab recipe here.
PreparationTime : 15 mins
Marinating Time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Yield: 16 approx
To Roast and grind:
1.Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
2.Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
3.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
For the kabab:
1.Boneless Chicken - 1lb
2.Onion - 1/2
3.Green Chillies - 3
4.Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
5.Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
6.Garam Masala powder - 1/2 tsp
7.Cilantro - handfull
8. Chaat Powder - 1/2 tsp
9.Salt - to taste
10.Corn flour - 1 tbsp
11.Oil - to grease
12.Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
* Wash the chicken. Dry the chicken on top f the paper towel.Take the dried chicken in a blender and mince it.The minced chicken should not be minced 100% . 25 % of the chicken should be coarse . This is up to you.
*Roast the fennel seeds,coriander seeds ,cumin seeds and grind them. Finely mince the onion and green chillies. Chop the cilantro finely.Take a mixing bowl, add onion,green chilli,cilantro,ginger garlic paste and all the dry powders .
* Pat the minced chicken mixtrue around the skewer. Flatten it . The kabab should be thin,for it to cook evenly.Carefully,remove the chicken patty from the skewers .This will make a kabab to have a hole. This hole will ensure the kabab to cook evenly.
* Similarly,prepare the kababs out of the meat mixture.
* Take a pan,add oil , saute the kabab in medium flame.Alternatively, we can bake the chicken kabab in preheated oven.But don't deep fry the kabab. Chicken will trun rubbery.
* Flip the kabab other side. Cook till it reaches golden brown colour. Similarly,shallow fry the kababs in the tawa.* Once cooked, drizzle lemon juice on top of the kababs and sprinkle chaat masala and serve. Serve it along with green chutney or tamarind chutney.
* The boneless chicken should have little fat ,for the kabab to be moist.
* We can also add some chilli powder, but it will change the colour of the kabab.
* Instead of lemon juice, we can add little soy sauce.
* Instead of ginger garlic paste,we can add minced garlic and ginger.
* If we are going to bake the sheek kabab, soak the skewers in water for atleast 15 mins. Then shape the kababs and bake it along with the skewers.
* Mince the onion and green chillies finely.If not it will come out of the chicken ,while shaping.