Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Yield : 10
1.Maida - 1 cup
2.Rava - 2 tbsp
3.Baking soda - a pinch
4.Sugar - 1 tbsp
5.Sweetened mawa - 1/4 cup
6.Oil - 1 tsp + more for frying
7.Salt - as needed
8.Water - as needed
9.Nuts - for garnishing
For Rabdi :
1.Whole milk - 3 cups
2.Sugar - 3 tbsp
3.Cardamom pwdr- a pinch
* First let us prepare the rabdi. Take milk in a bowl, bring it to boil. Now turn the heat to low and let the milk reduces to half. At last add sugar and cardamom powder. Check the sugar and adjust it according to your taste. Keep this ready.
* Take the sweetend mawa, place each teaspoon on the poori. Leave out some space in the outer edge. Wet the edges of the poori with little water.Take another rolled poori and stick it on top of the poori. Seal it properly, if not the filling will come out, while frying it.We can also use a fork and press the edges slightly to give it a design.
* Fry the pooris in medium hot oil. Drain them well on a paper towel. When the pooris are still hot, drop them in the rabdi. Let it soaked for atleast 10 minutes. Garnish them with some nuts and serve them chilled.
* The pooris has to be sealed well, if not the filling will come out ,while frying.
* We can also stuff the filling on rotis and give it as sweet rotis to kids. They will love it.
* The pooris has to be soaked well ,before serving.
* Rabdi should be in pouring consistancy.
* We can also stuff with any filling like dry fruits,paal gouva.
* These pooris can be stored in fridge for atleast a day.
* When soaking the pooris, either one should be hot, either the rabdi or the poori. Both should not be hot, then the pooris will become soggy.