Today is the second day of Blogging Marathon #25 under the theme "Kids lunch box recipes. Egg rice is a very simple rice,with basic ingredients.My mom will pack this rice,when she runs out of veges.My friends are great fan of this rice.My lunch box will be emptied quickly,when it has egg rice.I forgot about this rice totally.When my mom came for my delivery,she prepared this rice and reminded my school days.Give a shot to this rice,you will love it.
1.Cooked rice - 2 cups
2.Eggs - 5
3.Onion - 1 big (chopped)
4.Toamto - 1/2 (chopped)
5.Green chillies - 2
6.Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
7.Curry powder - 1 tsp
8.Turmeri powder - 1/4 tsp
9.Curry leaves - hand full
10.Cilantro - chopped
11.Oil - 3 tbsp
12.Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
13.Salt - 1/2 tsp or as reequired
14.Cilantro - for garnishing
* Cook rice with a spoon of oil and cool it on a plate.This avoids the rice from sticking together.
* Take a pan,add oil and splutter with fennel seeds and curry leaves.
* Add chopped onion,green chillies and sprinkle some salt.Add ginger garlic paste and saute it.
* When the ginger garlic paste is sauteed well,add turmeric powder,chilli powder and combine well.
* When the raw smell is eliminated,add tomato and cook it.
* Once the mixture attains semi-gravy consistancy,break the eggs .Don't disturb them untill they are cooked.If not we will not be able to get good pieces of eggs.Once the eggs are cooked,slightly mix them.
* Now add the cooked rice and give it a toss.Adjust salt to taste.Garnish with cilantro.
* Adding oil while cooking the rice makes it non sticky.Make sure the rice is cooled well,if not there are chances for the rice to get collapsed.
* While adding eggs,don't disturb them for 2 to 3 minutes,if not eggs will be scrambled into tiny bits.
* Spice level can be altered according to your taste.
* Tomato should be added very little,if not,it would make the gravy watery.
If I didn't prepare egg rice,my eggs would have turn into chicks :) How is my imagination?.Thanks to my H ,who bought me these cute chicks in eggs.
PJ ,started by Srivalli