Today is day -2 of Blogging Marathon #25 started by Srivalli..Today I chose the alphabet "S". Pudalangai puttu is my fav dish.If you are bored of trying kootu,pachadi,poriyal,then try this puttu.It will be aromatic and flavourfull.My SIL used to prepare this dish.She gave me the recipe.My H ,who hates bottle guard ,had this puttu without any complaint.
1.Snake guard - 1
2.Onion - 1/2
3.Curry powder - 1/2 tbsp
4.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
5.roasted gram dal /pottukadalai - 2 tbsp
6.Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
7.Salt to taste
1.Oil - 1 tbsp
2.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
3.Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
4.Curry leaves - few
* Take fennel seeds and gram dal in a blender and powder them.
* Wash and scrape the skin of the bottle guard.
* Remove the seeds and cut them into small pieces
* Take a pan,add oil and splutter with mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves.
* Now add chopped onion and saute till it gives out moisture.sprinkle some salt.
* When the onion becomes translucent,add the bottle guard and saute it.
* When the bottle guard is half cooked,add chilli pwdr,turmeric pwdr .
* Now saute till the bottle guard is cooked well.
* At last ,when the bottle guard is done,dump the powdered roasted gram mix.
* Now saute the guard ,till the roasted gram is coated well.
Now puttu is ready.Serve with sambar rice.
* We can also add chilli powder,before adding the bottle guard.
* After adding roasted gram flour,make sure we mix it well.If not the bottle guard can get burned.