I am happy to be part of Srivalli's BM 25 th edition.So I will be blogging for consecutive 3 days ,from today.I am going to post about "Kids Lunch box " ideas,for the next 3 days..When coming to kid's lunch,they always wish to have mess free foods or fingure foods.So I decided to post some mess free foods or one pot dishes.Kids love to have paneer in any form.So Today I am going to post Paneer Kathi rolls.We can prepare kathi rolls with all purpose flour or wheat flour.I have added some veges to sneak in some nutrients .The filling can be altered by the availability of the veges .We can also use chicken,egg pieces instead of paneer.
For the Kathi rolls:
1.All purpose flour - 1 cup
2.Salt - 1/4 tsp
3.Water - 1/2 cup or as needed
For the filling:
1.Paneer - 1/2 cup
2/Onion - 1/4
3.Tomato - 1/4
4.Corn - 2 tbsp
5.Beans - 2 tbsp
6.Chilli pwdr - 1/4 tsp
7.Garam masala pwdr - a pinch
8.Salt - as needed
9.Cilantro - for garnishing
10.Oil - for tempering
11.Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
12.Shredded Cheese - hand full
For the filling:
* Boil corn and keep it aside.
* Chop the veges finely and cube paneer.
* Take a pan,add oil and splutter with cumin seeds.
* Add onion and saute till it becomes translucent.Sprinkle little salt.
* Now add beans and give it a toss.Add chilli pwdr and give it a toss till it gives out the raw smell.
* Now add tomato and saute till it is cooked.Cover and cook till beans is cooked .
* Once the tomato is cooked,add boiled corn and paneer.sprinkle garam masala pwdr.
* Adjust salt to taste.
* Mix it well and garnish with cilantro.Let it cool completely.
For the kathi rolls:
* Take flour,salt in a mixing bowl,sprinkle water and form it into a soft dough.
* Roll it into small rotis.We can also shape it with a bowl for uniform circles.
* Cook it on a tawa and cool it.
Arranging the rolls:
* Take the rotis and keep it on the working board.
* Place a tablespoon of filling on the roti ,top it with chopped cilantro and chredded cheese.
* Fold it into a roll and pin it with a small tooth pick.We can also glue it with a pinch of flour paste.
* Fold it again with a aluminium foil to make it mess free.
Here is a well balanced Lunch box with fruits,veges and nuts. Sending this entry to "Kids lunh box " menu hosted by PJ started by Srivalli.