Mangoes are in season now. We bought case full of mangoes. Rohith and I would have anything with mangoes. Since I had excess, wanted to try this kulfi. In the recipe , the thickening agent is corn flour . Initially , I used 1 tbsp of corn flour. But that made my kulfi so stiff. So I reduced it to 2 tsp and then the consistancy was perfect. My mangoes were moderately sweet, so used 1 cup of sugar. If you are going to use canned mango puree, then reduce the sugar, as canned mango puree will be sweeter. Coming to an end of this "Summer Special Series".
Check my Kesar badam Kulfi recipe here
I took the pictures of kulfi easily, but couldn't capture my son with his kulfi properly. He started wandering with the kulfi. A blogger's life is not easy :) He is my future model .
Cooking time : 5 mins
Chilling time : 4 hrs
Serves : 7
1.Whipping Cream - 1 cup
2.Mango pulp - 1 cup
3.Sugar- 1 cup or to taste
4.Corn flour - 3 tsp or 1 tbsp
5.Cardamom pwdr - a pinch
6.Pistachios - 1 tbsp
7.Water - 1 tsp
* We can use store bought mango puree for the kulfi.
* Don't add too much corn flour, then the kulfi will not have perfect consistancy.
* We can also grind the nuts and add it to the whipping cream mixture.
* Adjust the amount of sugar ,according to the sweetness of the mangoes.
* While taking the kulfi out, gently roll them with your hands and then dip in hot water.
* Blend the mangoes to the chipping cream, when it is cold.