Who doesn't like ice creams ? Every one does. What if we prepare it at home, with healthy option ? Yes it will be very good. For the day 2 of "Summer Special " series, I prepared strawberry ice cream. Strawberry is in season now. So I bought s box of strawberry and prepared this ice cream. This is a no cook method and one bowl method too. This can be prepared in no time. Just with the available ingredients,we can create magic. The ice cream tasted very good, after 2 nd and 3 rd day. Too good to serve for our kids. Rohith was praising me for this treat. Any one can prepare this easy ice cream.Prepare this simple ice cream and send me a picture.:)
Check my Mango ice cream recipe here
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Freezing time : 12 hours
Yield : 3 cups ( approx)
1.Whipping Cream - 1 cup
2.Whole milk - 1 cup
3.Sugar - 1/2 cup
4.Strawberries - 10
5.Lemon juice - 1 tsp
* Wash and hull the strawberries.I have used fresh strawberries, as it is very necessary for a tasty ice cream. I have used about 1 lb ( 450 gm) of strawberries.
* Chop the strawberries finely and add it to the bowl. Add sugar and lemon juice to the strawberries. Keep it aside for 5 mins. The amount of sugar depends on how sweet is the strawberry. So adjust it accordingly. The lemon juice will balance the sweetness,so don't skip it.
*Cover the bowl with a lid. Freeze the strawberry mixture in the freezer for atleast 2 hours.
* Whisk the ice cream well and return to the freezer. Again, churn the ice cream again for every 2 hours. I churned the ice cream for 4 times ,every 2 hours.
Serve the ice cream for your guests. The ice cream doesn't have any preservative, so try to finish it off asap. Mine got over within a week.
* Adjust the amount of sugar according to your sweetness of the strawberries.
* We can also use all whipping cream ,instead of whole milk.
* Adding strawberry chunks is purely optional.
* The acid from lemon juice balances the sweetness.
* We can replace strawberry with any fruit.
* Instead of whipping cream, we can use coconut cream too.
* Aluminium tins will freeze fast. Since I didn't had aluminium, didn't use it.