Vanjiram is the king of all fishes.Whnever ,we have guests,we buy this fish and serve them .Nothing can beat the taste of vanjiram.When I went to Chinese shop,saw these perfectly cut pieces.Bought it immediately.This fish can be marinated and freezed.So whenever ,we feel like eating,just thaw and fry. It gives fantastic taste,when,it is marinated for long.This recipe was in my draft for so long.Today only got time to post it. :)
|Vanjiram fry and sura puttu for lunch !!!|
1.King Fish - 10 pieces
2.Chilli powder - 3 tbsp
3.Turmeric pwdr - 1/2 tsp
4.Ginger - 1 inch
5.Garlic pods - 4 to 5 pods
6.Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
7.Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
8.Corn flour - 2 tbsp
9.Oil - For frying
10.Salt - as per the taste
* Wash the fish pieces well .
* Grind fennel seeds,garlic pods and ginger well.
* Take a mixing bowl, add the grinded paste,chilli pwdr,turmeric pwdr ,lemon juice ,salt and 2 tbsp oil.
* Mix it well and form a good paste.
* Take a plate,apply the masala on the fish evenly in all the sides.
* Marinate the fish for 2 hours or overnight.
* Take the fish and bring it to room temperature.
* Apply corn flour to the fish .
* Take a tawa and fry the fish evenly on all sides ,by drizzling oil.
* Serve it hot with rice.