Ginger and garlic paste is an essential ingredients in most of our cooking. In India, we have stone grinder, so that we can grind the paste finely, with less amount of ginger and garlic. But ,here we cannot grind it finely , with less garlic and ginger. So I used to grind it in a batch and store it in refrigerator for atleast a week. It stays good though. This saves us some time, in the odd hours. Here comes the step by step procedure.
1.Ginger - 3 inch
2.Garlic - 1 big bunch
3.Oil - 1/4 tsp
4.Salt - 1/4 tsp
5.Water - optional
* Wash the ginger root and pat dry it.
* Peel the skin of ginger root and garlic cloves.
* Trim the edges of the ginger and cut into small pieces. Similarly chop the garlic cloves.
* Take a blender and add the ginger and garlic pieces into it. Pulse them together, till they are roughly blend. Scrape the sides of the blender.
* Store the container in refrigerator.
* It remains fresh for atleast 7 to 10 days.
* If you want to store it more number of days ( which I don't like) ,then we can add little vinegar.
* We can also freeze the ginger garlic paste upto 3 months.
* Some times, the paste becomes light green in colour, the reason, is addition of more garlic to the amount of ginger. Still it remains good, except the colour. So increase the amount of ginger a bit.
* When we want, take it out from the fridge and use it, but make sure to return the bottle to the fridge.