Christmas is around the corner . Everybody started cooking dishes for the festival. Baking sugar cookies was in my to do list for so long. When I saw these cookie cutter in Walmart, last year. I grabbed and kept it safely and forgot about the cutters totally. So when Priya Ranjit gaves us a variety of recipes, this simple sugar cookies caught my eyes and made me to remember my "forgotten cookie cutters". Didn't want to make regular cookies. So I decorated the cookies using royal icing. The baking of the cookies didn't take much time, but my decorations took a lot of time. Simply enjoyed the work . I just baked one batch of cookies. Have freezed the dough in my freezer. Made about 10 to 12 cookies, Rohith and Ashwath finished those cookies in no time. Linking this to Priya' Suresh's "Home bakers challenge"Recipe Source: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/old-fashioned-sugar-cookies-recipe2/index.html
* 1 cup butter, unsalted
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs, lightly beaten
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 3 cups flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* Take a mixing bowl, add sugar and butter. Butter should be at room temperature.
* Using a whisk, beat the butter and sugar very well, until sugar gets mixed with the butter.
* Now add eggs one by one and beat it with the batter.Add the vanilla essence to the bowl and mix.
* Now use your hand to knead the dough. There is no need to add any liquid now. Form a soft dough , cover it with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.
* Pre heat the oven for 350 degrees Farenhiet.Sprinkle the work area with flour .Roll the dough into half inch thickness . Cut the dough into your desired shapes.
* Arranged the cut cookies on a ungreased cookie sheet . Leave space between each cookie, as they will enlarge, while baking.
* Decorate the cookies according to your wish. I decorated the cookies using royal icing.
* I have halved the recipe and made the cookies.
* We can freeze the dough for about 3 months.
* They taste great as such, without any frosting.