This is one easy sweet, which "Chithra Viswananthan" gave the recipe, one day on her "Facebook" page. I noted it and was waiting for a right occasion. What else can be so special , than Diwali. The microwave version was very easy. No hassle of taking string consistancy. This can be whipped within 5 to 6 minutes. Since we have used less ghee, it is so healthy too. For me 2 cups of sugar was way too much, so I used 1 /2 cups of sugar. You can increase or decrease the sugar level according to your taste. Try this and let me know, how it turned out.
Check my Sree Krishna Sweets style Mysore paa recipe here
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins approx
Yield : 12 pieces
1.Besan flour - 1 cup
2.Sugar - 2 cups or less. ( I used 11/2 cups of sugar )
3.Ghee - 3/4 cup
4.Sugar - 1 tsp ( to sprinkle on top )
5.Saffron strands - to garnish.
6.Water - 1/2 cup
* The besan mixture should be mixed every now and then, while microwaving.
* We can also use powdered sugar instead of granulated sugar.
* The ghee can be increased , if you want a melt in mouth mysore pak.
* We can also line the square tin with butter paper, it will be easy for the mysore pak to come out.
* We can also use melted ghee.