Mixture is nothing but, a blend of savouries ,which are tossed with some chilli powder and salt. The options are more, for us to select to the mixture. We can use, fried gram,peanuts,poha ,whole green gram and cashews along with sev,kara boondhi and diamond chips. It goes very well with coffee. Try this simple snack for this Diwali.Since , I have the recipes for most of the snacks,which are used here, I am just giving the link . Check the links to try the recipe.
* Om podi
1.Sev - 11/2 cup
2.Kara boondhi - 11/2 cup
3.Peanuts - 1/4 cup
4.Poha - 1/4 cup
5.Cashew- 2 tbsp
6.Diamon chips - 1/4 cup
7.Fried gram - 1/4 cup
8.Curry leaves -few
9.Chilli pwdr - 1tsp
10.Salt- to taste
* Fry the karaboondhis, sev and keep it ready. In the same pan, fry the poha or flattened rice. The poha would have puffed up. Make sure , it doesn't turn brown. Strain the poha and keep it ready. It should be cool, while mixing .
* Fry the fried gram or pottukadalai ,till golden brown. Similarly , fry the peanuts .Keep it ready.
* Similarly fry the cashew and curry leaves. Let them get cooled. Take a mixing bowl and keep all the things ready.
* Mix kara boondhi,om podi,diamond chips , fried peanuts, poha,cashew,curry leaves and fried gram.
* Now add chilli powder, salt and mix together. The mixture should have chilli powder spread evenly, so mix it well.
Store the mixture in air tight container . Mixture stays fresh for atleast a week.
* We can mix any savouries to this. Like we can fry whole green gram and mix. We can also add kara sev,murukku ,or any other savoury. Everything should be properly fried, cooled and then added.
* We can also add some pepper powder to the mixture to give a spicy taste.
* Fried curry leaves ,gives a crunchy texture to the mixture, so don't miss it.
* Store the mixture in air tight container, if not it will loose its crunchness.