Today is the 4 th day of blogging maraton.And I am going to give u one more kids friendly recipe.Jalebi is a famous street food in India.It is slightly different from jangiris.We call it as jangiri's cousin.I love the tangyness in these jalebis.Today,Saras came to our home .When she saw the jalebi mixture resting in the oven,immediately she said,why cant we start it right now.We both started to prepare jalebis.It was wonderful experience to cook with her.My son loved jalebis a lot .My H too liked it.Thinking to prepare ,this sweet more often in near future.
All-Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Yeast – 1 tsp
Corn Starch – 2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - A pinch
Orange Food color - 2 pinch
Warm Water – 3/4 cup or as required
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 1 cup
Lemon Juice – 1/2
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
* Mix yeast in luke warm water and let it rest for 10 mins.
* When it is looking like frothy mixture,add it to all the ingredients under ,jalebi.
* Mix it well,without any lumps.The dough shud drop like a thread.This is the right consistancy.
* Keep the mixtue in a warm place for 1 hour.
* The mixture will be double in size,after an hour.
* Take a ziploc bag and pierce a hole with a hot nail.
* Now take a cup as,shown in the picture ,place the ziploc cover and pour the mixture into it.
* Mean while,take a pan and add sugar,cover it with water.
* Bring it to boil and when the fumes started to vanish,add lemon juice and cardamom pwdr.
* Turn it off and keep it in the same stove,to maintain its warmness.
* Now take a pan and add oil.Let it be warm.
* Drop a small ball of jalebi mixture into the oil,it shud rest for a minute and then come up.
* This is the right temperature to draw jalebis.
* Now start drawing jalebis.I prefer to have mini jalebis.
* Flip it over and cook the jalebi.Not too much,then it will be like murukku.
* Immediately, drop it in the sugar syrup for a minute.Then turn it over for one more minute.
* Take it out and arrange them in a container.
Enjoy jalebi's either hot or cold.
If u feel,the mixture is too thin,then u can add rice flour.But not too much,then it will become crispy.
Add the half lemon fully into the syrup.This willgive the jalebis,a little sourness.
Check out my blogging marathon buddies in action.