From today, we are going to post recipes , which are cooked uisng rice cooker. Most of the recipes, are cooked from start to finish in a rice cooker.Check this space for the next 4 days for interesting recipes.
Rice cooker, saves our time and acts as a multi purpose gadget ,to cook so many dishes. When we don't have any other utensil, then we can rely on these reci cookers for simple meals. When we went to a trip, this rice cooker helped us in many ways.On one of the trips,my friend and me prepared coffee using the rice cooker, as that particular hotel, didn't had kitchen. To our surprise, coffee was so good.
We can make numerous dishes using rice cooker. It needs , just our imagination :P
1.Whole milk - 2 cups
2.Instant coffee powder - 2 tsp
3.Sugar - as needed
4.Water to fill the rice cooker
* Cover the rice cooker bowl with water ,about 2 inches high.Take a bowl of milk and place it inside the rice cooker. Close it .
* Turn the rice cooker setting to cook, in my case, I turned it to rice mode. It took me around 12 - 15 mins for the milk to get boiled.
* Take a cup, add coffee powder and sugar. Let it be kept ready. I used taster's choice coffee powder. You can use any brand. It should be instant powder.
* My milk boiled after 12 mins approx. The steam started to come out of the rice cooker. The milk will be really hot.
* Mix the milk with coffee powder and sugar. Mix them, till you get froth. Serve hot.
Coffee is ready to be served. Serve it with some biscuits.
* Every rice cooker differs by the settings, so boil the milk accordingly.
* My milk was pasteurised, so it took me less time, if your milk is not pasteurised, then boil it for more time.
* If your rice cooker, comes to warm mode, before the milk is getting cooked, turn it again to cook mode.
* Always use quality coffee powder to get a good coffee.
* Similarly we can make tea too.
Linking this to "Friendship 5 Series ", started by "Savitha Ramesh" and "Geetha Achal"