Slowly settling to the new house and new city. This weekend,went to the temple and Farmer's market. It is like a hill station, with resort like apartments. Kids are slowly getting to their routine. Ashwath started going to his new school. This recipe was prepared in Plymouth and was sitting in my draft. Wanted to post it today.
We used to buy Cheesy broccoli soup in Sub way restaurant. It will be so creamy and good. I wanted to try at home, with little variation. Rohith loves any kind of soup,with mild seasoning. Soup goes very well with bread . This is a very simple soup, which can be prepared in a jiffy. Try these soup for your wintery evenings.
Check my other soup recipes here..Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Serves - 3
1.Broccoli florets - 2 cups
2.Butter - 2 tbsp
3.Water - as needed
4.Cheese - 1 cup
5.Salt - as needed
6.Pepper powder - as needed
7.Garlic pods - 2
* Wash the broccoli florets . Heat a pan of water and bring it to boil. Add salt to the pan. Drop the florets to the pan. Let it cook for 3 mins or untill the florets are cooked.Strain the florets and reserve the water. Once cooled, grind the broccoli florets to a fine paste.Reserve some cooked florets to garnish.
* Heat the pan and add butter to the pan. When it melts, add the crushed garlic pods. Add the reserved broccoli florets to the pan. Let the broccoli florets saute for a while.Now add the grinded broccoli paste to the pan. Add the strained water to the pan and bring it to boil.
* Season the soup with salt and pepper. Finally add the shredded cheese. Let the cheese melt into the soup. Serve it with croutons or any bread.
* The seasoning of the soup can be altered to our taste.
* We can also steam the broccoli in a idli cooker or rice cooker and grind,instead of boiling.
* We can also add milk to the pan ,to mkae it creamier.
* We can also saute,little maida in butter and add milk to form a white sauce and add it to the soup.
* We can substitute broccoli with cauli flower ,carrot or piece to make variation to the soup.
* This soup has to be consumed hot ,to taste better.