For the second day of "No Cook" series, I am going to give you the recipe of Eggless butterscotch mousse. This is a instant recipe, with not much effort. This mousse can be used as the filling for your cakes.
Mousse is a creamy dessert,which can be prepared in n number of variations. Few weeks back, the whole blogging world was filled with instant mousse recipes. I want to give it a try with caramel . So prepared caramel . The first time I prepared the butterscotch by mixing all the ingredients together and cook. The result was bit colourless . The second time I caramalised the brown sugar first and then added other ingredients. This time the butterscotch had that beautifull amber colour. But be very carefull in preparaing the butterscotch. If it takes too much time to caramalize, then it may taste bitter. You can check the recipe to prepare butterscotch here. Once you have the butterscotch handy, then the mousse can be prepared in no time. Enjoy this mousse. Serve your guests with these beautifull mousse and surprise your them.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Setting time : 2 hours
Serves : 3
1.Home made butterscotch - 1/4 cup
2.Whipping cream - 1/2 cup
3.Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
* Take the chilled butterscotch out. Now the butter scotch will be thick as in picture. My butterscotch was little less colourfull. So I added a tbsp more for my mousse.
* Chill the bowl and blades of the hand blender in the refigerator for atleast 30 mins. Or put them in the freezer for atlest 15 mins. Now pour the chilled whipping cream in the bowl.
* Whip till it reaches soft peak. Add little vanilla essence and whip it till it reaches stiff peak.
* The whipped cream will be like this after reaching stiff consistancy.
* Now fold in the butterscotch using a spoon or a spatula. Take care not the over beat. Then the cream will become flat. Scoop 2 tbsp of whipped cream and reserve it for serving on top of the mousse.
* At this point, I felt that the colour was little less, so I added 1 tbsp more to the bowl. Mix till the mixture becomes light brown colour.
* Scoop the mousse in three serving glasses .Cover them with cling wraps and refrigerate for atleast 2 hrs or overnight.
* While serving, scoop the reserved whipped cream on top of the mousse and drizzle with caramel syrup.
* We can prepare chocolate mousse by replacing caramel with nutella in the same ratio.
* If you want the mousse to have dark amber colour then add more caramel. But it will sweeten the mousse to some extent, so take care.
* The mousse has to be refrigerated atleast 2 hrs for it to set.
* We can also freeze them for future use.
* We can also garnish the mousse with some fresh cut fruits.