Parotta is an Indian flat bread, which is made using maida or all purpose flour. I have tried different recipes for a perfect parotta, but this recipe is a winner in my home. The parottas are soft and flaky.I have a habit of noting down interesting recipes, which come in my life. Like the others,noted down in NDTV food . It is a foolproof recipe. The recipe gives the trick to get flaky parotta. By sprinkling flour on top of the rotis. This the roti non sticky. The dough has to be rested before we roll them.The longer it rests, the softer it becomes. Since we are adding egg, it has that cream colour, if not it would have been white. Serve parottas with any one of these side dishes.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Resting time : 1 hr
Cooking time : 10 mins
Source : NDTV Food
- 2 cups Maida + 1/2 cup extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 tsp Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil - to grease, shape and cook with
- Water - as needed
* The dough for the parotta has to be kneaded well.If not you will not get soft and smooth parotta.
* Resting the dough will make it absorb the oil and turn into super soft parotta.
* Cook the parotta in medium flame, if not the parotta will not cook evenly.
* While cooking parotta, drizzle oil generously, if not it will not be perfect.
* The egg and milk are star ingredients in the recipe, so try to use them.
* Roll the parotta into thin roti, this is very important.
* Sprinkling flour on the parotta ,while rolling will make the folds non sticky, resulting in flaky parotta.