Cheese cakes usually has a cookie base and creamy filling. Also it can have a fruit glaze. For the 4 th day of "No Cook" series, I chose eggless vanilla cheese cake . Its very easy to make and uses very less ingredients. The outcome was a very pleasing cheese cake. It takes less time to make too. The Cream Cheese has to be chilled,while whipping it, if not it may become runny. Try this no cook cheese cake and enjoy your meal.
Check my Eggless Mango Cheese Cake recipe here
Preparation time : 10 mins
Chilling time : 2 hrs
Serves : 10
Source : Martha Stewart
For the base:
1.Graham crackers - 1 package ( 10 biscuits)
2.Sugar - 1 tbsp
3.Melted butter - 6 tbsp
For the filling:
1.Cream Cheese - 1 pck (8 oz)
2.Condensed milk - 1/2 tin of 14 oz can (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp)
3.Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
4.Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
* Take the digesive biscuits in a ziploc bag. Take a rolling pin and smash the biscuits to a powder. If you cannot find digestive biscuits, then you can use marie biscuit or graham crackers. There should not be any lumps in the mixture.
* Add sugar to the crushed biscuit and mix. Now slowly add melted butter to the bowl. Make it like a crumble. Take a hand full of the mixture and try to make shape out of it. If you can make a shape, then this is the right consistancy. If not add some more melted butter to make it pilable.
* Take 8 inch pan and over it with cling wrap. If you have a spring form pan, it can be used. Now press the biscuit mixture on all the sides of the pan. If we don' t have the mixture without any lumps, then the biscuit cannot be pressed evenly. Freeze the pan for atleast 20 mins. This will make the base firm.
* Dump the condesed milk to the bowl. If you want, you can add 2 tbsp more condensed milk. But don't add too much, then the cake will not set firm. Whisk again for the mixure to blend well.
* Now add the lemon juice and vanilla extract to the bowl. The lemon juice will balance the sweetness of the condensed milk. So don't skip it.
* Now ,take the cheese cake out of the freezer. Pour the cream cheese filling to the base. Smooth out the mixture evenly. Again cover the pan with a cling wrap and refrigerate for altes 2 hours. You can set the cheese cake overnight too.
* When you are about to serve, slice the cheese cake and serve. Garnish with a sprig of mint leaves.We can also add any glaze on top of the cheese cake and serve.
* The cheese cake base has to be froze for atleast 20 mins , to set.
* Adding lemon juice will balance the sweetness.
* The biscuit mixture has to be crumbled well ,to set properly.
* Don't add too much of condensed milk, then the cheese cake will not set properly.
* We can add any fruit glaze on top of the cheese cake.