Today is the final day of our "No Cook "series, where all the recipes are prepared without any heating element. Today's recipe is a fusion of our famous north Indian recipe "Dahi vada". Dahi vada is prepared by soaking urad dal vada in thick yougurt and often served with green chutney and tamarind chutney ,along with sev.
Instant dahi vada is a quick version of our traditional dahi vada. Here bread is used instead of our urad dal vada. Thick yogurt is whipped and poured on top of it. This is pretty much easy ,with all the available ingredients. The stuffing of cashews and raisins will make this snack a royal dish :) Prepare this easy snack and let me know.
Check my other chaat varieties here
* Bhel Puri Chaat
Preparation time : 10 mins
Serves : 2
1.Bread slices - 2
2.Tamarind Chutney - 1/4 cup
3.Green chutney - 1/4 cup
3.Cashews - 2 tbsp ( chopped)
4.Raisins - 2 tbsp ( chopped)
5.Sev - 1/4 cup
6.Cilantro - 2 tbsp (chopped)
7.Yogurt - 1/2 cup
8.Water - as needed
9.Salt - to taste
10.Chaat masala - to taste
For the green chutney:
1.Cilantro - handfull
2.Mint leaves -hand full
3.Green chilli - 1
4.Ginger - 1/4 inch
5.Yogurt - 1/4 cup
6.Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
7.Salt - to taste
* Whip yogurt with salt and keep it aside. Take all the ingredients and keep them ready. I made the green chutney instantly.Just throw some cilantro,mint, 1 green chilly,ginger,into a blender and made paste. To that ,added whipped yogurt,salt and lemon juice. Mixed them to form a chutney.
* Cut the corners of the bread . We don't need those brown parts in our vada.
* Take a bowl of water.Drop the bread slices into the bowl. Take the soaked bread out and squeeze the bread slices. Make sure you take the moisture out of the bread completely.
* Take the serving plate and place the squeezed bread slice on it.
* Place the chopped cashews,raisins into the bread. We can add any kind of filling inside the bread. Like paneer ,cheese or even cooked potatoe. If we want spicy, we can add finely chopped green chillies.
* Bring the corners of the bread and seal them to form a small ball out of it.
* Place the seam side down of the bread. Now get ready to add the chutneys.
* Pour the whipped yogurt on top of the bread vada.The amount depends on how much yogurt you want on your vada.
* Drizzle green chutney on top of the vada. This is the only spicy sauce for the vada, so be generous in pouring.
*Next pour the tamarind chutney on top.
* Finally, garnish with some chopped cilantro,sev and chaat masala.
Serve your guests with this humble dahi vada. Serve them along with the bowls of green chutney and tamarind chutney. They can add the amount of chutneys according to thier wish.
* Use your imagination to create this healthy snack.
* Instead of shaping into balls,we can cut the bread slices using a cirlce cutter and sump yogurt,chutneys on top of it.
* We can also add some chilli powders to give a kick.
* We can use low fat yogurt to cut down the fat.
* Make sure to squeeze the bread slices completely, if not it may become soggy.
* We can use some dried ginger powder to the dahi vada.