Its been a week, since I posted something in my blog. Bit busy with something. Now I was in a compulsion to post some thing, This chips, I prepared some time ago.Wanted to post the recipe today.This chips is similar to the one, we get in "Adayar Anandha Bhavan". The crispness ,lies in the slicing and drying process. The basic rule, is to remove the moisture from the bitterguard. It tastes too good as such, or you can have it with tea.
1.Bitterguard - 1 (big)
2.Besan flour - 1/4 cup
3.Rice flour - 2 tbsp
4.Chilli powder - 1 tsp
5.Salt - to taste
6.Oil - for frying
* Wash and slice the bitterguard thinly using a serrated knife.The thinner, we cut the bitterguard, crispier the chips will be.
* The mixture should look like this. There should not be any water content. If we have moisture in the bitterguard, then the chips will turn into bajji.
* Drain the excess oil on a paper towel. Store the chips in a air tight container .
Enjoy these crispy bitterguard chips for your tea !!!
* The bitterguard has to be dry to get a crispy chips.
* The amount of masalas can be altered according to our taste.
* Don't add too much besan flour, then it will become like bajji.
* We can also add some corn flour instead of rice flour.
* These chips, stay fresh for atleast a week, when we store in air tight container.