Mc Donald's chicken nuggets is a favourite among our kids.At first, when I tasted I didn't like it. As it was bland in taste .But as time passes, we got used to its taste.We call it as "chicken bajji". When I tried at home , it came out well. The secret lies in tenderizing it. Tenderizing is a process of breaking down the tissues. This will yield a soft nuggets. So don' t try to skip the tenderizing part. Otherwise this recipe is simple to make.
1.Boneless Chicken - 1 lb
2.Egg - 1
3.Flour - 1/2 cup
4.Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
5.Salt - to taste
6.Pepper powder - to taste.
7.Oil - for frying
* Wash and clean the chicken well. Take the chicken and tenderize it by patting the chicken .This step is necessary to break the ligments. If not the chicken will turn hard. Grind the tenderized chicken in a blender to smooth .
* Take a bowl, add mashed chicken, salt and pepper. Mix it well.Divide them into small balls. Smooth the rolled balls and slightly press them to form patties.Arrange them on a plate.
* Beat the egg in a bowl.Add little salt to it. Take flour and bread crumbs in separate plates.First dust the nuggets in flour.
* Tenderizing the chicken is a must, if not chicken will turn hard.
* Adjust the salt and pepper to your taste.
* Don't cook the chicken nuggets in very hot oil, if not the chicken will turn black soon,and the inner portion will be uncooked.
* If possible , season everything, like flour, bread crumbs and egg with required amount of salt and pepper.
* If you don't like the smell of egg, then replace it with maida batter. Just mix maida with little water . Mix it to form a paste.
* We can also soak the chicken in buttermilk to be juicy.
Geethaa Achal" and "Savitha Ramesh"