In the "Fast food - Kids friendly " series. onion rings play a big role. I tried onion rings with red oinons, but satisfaction was met using white onions. White onions has that perfect texture, it glides in mouth ,when we prepare onion rings.Previously, I prepared onion rings, without eggs. But it didn't coat the onions well. So the next time, I used egg,it coated onion very well. To my surprise, onion rings came out too good. From then I decided not buy onion rings from shop. Its too good and easy to prepare at home. We can also bake the onion rings in oven. But will you ?
1.Yogurt - 1/2 cup
2.Water - 1/4 cup
3.All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
4.Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
5 Chilli powder - a pinch (optional)
6.Salt - as needed
7.Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
8.Egg - 1
9.Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
10.White onion - 1
* White onion is very apt for onion rings.I have tried onion rings with red onion,it did not taste like the restaurant.So always use white onions to get a restairant style onion rings.Take white onion, peel the skin and slice it into 1/4 inch thickness, as shown in the picture.Take all purpose flour and baking powder in a plate. Mix them well,for the baking powder to combine with the flour.Dust the onions in the flour mixture and arrange them on a wire rack.Baking powder, gives a flaky texture to the rings.
* Take the batter in a bowl. Dip the floured oninon rings into the batter. Coat them well using a spoon. Let the excess batter drip , by keeping them on a wire rack.Leave it for while.
Notes:* For a perfect onion ring, use white onions .
* Baking powder gives a flaky texture to the onino rings, so don't skip it.
* Fry the onions in medium hot oil, if not the rings will burn quickly.
* We can also add some salt and pepper powder to the bread crumbs to give a punch.