This month, Archana of "Mad Scientist Kitchen" gave us scones and tart for this month challenge. I chose scones, as it was so easy to make :) Scones were popular breakfast among the English people.It is so soft and cheesy. The original recipe gave us only cheese. I added some onion,chopped capsicum, it gave a very good flavour to the scones.I didn't have english mustard, so skipped that part. I used my tawa to bake these. You can use your baking pan.This is an eggless version too. So my vegetarian friends can enjoy these.Linking this to "Baking Partner's Challenge started by, "Swathi of "Zesty south Indian Kitchen",
- 225 grms + extra for dusting self rising flour
- 1 ½ tsp english mustard powder
- A pinch salt
- A pinch pepper
- 50 grms butter, chilled and cubed
- 100 grms Asiano cheese, grated
- 1 tblspn basil ( fresh)
- 100 ml curds/yogurt
- 50 ml water
- 1 tblspn oil, for greasing
- 1/4 cup ,chopped onion.
- 2 tbsp. capsicum (chopped).
* Take a circular pan , grease it with butter and flour it.I used my tawa with stainless steel handle.Preheat the oven at 420 degree farenhiet.
* Sprinkle some more cheese on top of the scones .Bake it for 20 minutes or untill, the cheese on top turns golden brown.
* The dough has to be soft. So adjust the buttermilk accordingly.
* We can alter the spices according to our taste.dried basil works fine too.
* I used asiago cheese,instead of cheddar.
* Adding onion,capsicum gives a nice flavor to the scones.