Are you bored of making regular gravies and biriyani with chicken ? Then this is for you. Chicken is minced ,cooked and stuffed inside the dosai. In future, has plans to stuff idli too.Tastes great as such. We can prepare the stuffing ahead of time and use it. We can replace chicken with mutton. Mutton has to be cooked prior to adding it to the masala.Make your sundays, special preparing this dosai for breakfast.Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Yield : 4 - 6 dosas
*1 cup.Dosa batter
*500 gm.Chicken (boneless)
*1/2 tsp . Ginger garlic paste
*1tbsp .chilli powder
*1/2 tsp.Turmeric powder
*1/2 tsp.Garam masala
*1/4 tsp.Pepper powder
*1/2 tsp.Fennel seeds
* few.Curry leaves
* few.Chopped cilantro
* 2 tbsp.Oil
* Wash and clean the chicken. Tenderize the chicken as shown in the pictures.This will make the chicken soft .Take the tenderized chicken in the blender and grind it .
* Now add the minced meat to the onion and cook.When the minced meat is cooked, add garam masala and pepper powder. Adjust salt to taste and garnish with cilantro.
* Cool the meat mixture for a while. Take egg in a bowl, and beat it. Take the meat masala and mix it with the egg. Egg acts as a binder,if you don't want egg, just skip it and use only the masala.Heat a tawa and spread a laddle of dosai batter .Drizzle some oil around the dosai.
* Spread a spoon full of chicken masala on top of the dosai .Drizzle oil on top of the masala.When the dosai is cooked, flip it around carefully.After a minute,take the dosai and serve with any chutney ,sambar or serve it plain.
Dosai tastes best, when we serve it hot !!!
Notes:* We can replace chicken with cooked mutton.
* Tomato can be added, but make sure the final masala has to be dry.
* Instead of fennel seeds, we can also use fennel powder.
* Egg acts as a binding agent, so don't skip .
*Amount of masala can be altered according to our taste.
* We can also cover the dosai and cook ,like we do for kal dosai.