Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
For the sticky rice:
1.Sticky rice or raw rice - 1/4 cup
2.Water - 2 cups
3.Second milk of coconut - 1/2 cup
4.Sugar - 2 tbsp
5.salt - a pinch
6.Mangoes - few pieces to serve with.
For the sauce :
1.First milk of coconut - 1 cup
2.Corn sflour - 1 tsp
3.Sugar - 1/4 cup
* Wash and soak the rice for atleast 5 minutes. Grind coconut in a blender and extract the first milk and reserve for the sauce. Add more water to the coconut and extract the second milk out of it.Cook the rice in boiling water for atleast 10 minutes or untill it is mashed well.Add salt to the rice.When the rice is cooked well, pour the second milk of coconut on top and sugar, let it soak well, till we prepare the coconut sauce.
* The coconut sauce is ready now.While serving, take a bowl, scoop out the rice and drizzle the coconut sauce. Serve with freshly cut mangoes.Adjust sugar to your taste.
* Traditionally, this pudding is cooked using sticky rice, which we get in Asian supermarket.Since I was not able to get hold of that, used normal cooking rice.
* The rice has to be cooked very well.
* The coconut sauce has to be thick to seve.
* We can also flavour it up using cardamom.
* Fresh mangoes works well with this pudding.
* Adjust sugar according to your taste.