Pasta is the most favourite food for kids. I used to introduce vegetables into the pasta,to make it healthier. Broccoli is rich in iron. We can add any cooked vegetables to the pasta. I have prepared white sauce for the pasta. We can also make red sauce for the pasta. You can use fresh basil or dried basil. It will add nice aroma to the pasta.Try this simple broccoli pasta and surprise your kids.
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 2
1.Cooked Shell Pasta - 2 cups
2.Broccoli - 1 cup
3.Butter - 2 tbsp
4.Milk - 1/2 cup
5.Maida - 2 tbsp
6.Salt - to taste
7.Pepper powder - to taste
8.Cheese - 1 cup
9.Crushed basil - a fat pinch
* Wash the broccoli florets and saute it in little butter. Cook the pasta with little oil and salt. Wash the pasta in cold water ,this will make the pasta non sticky. Take a pan, add butter and melt it.We are going to make white sauce and add it to the pasta.
* Now add maida to the butter and saute it. When the flour turns golden brown, add milk to the pan and bring it to boil.This will make the white sauce thick.Now add cooked pasta to the sauce and mix it. The pasta should mix with the white sauce. At last add the cheese to the pan.
* The cheese should melt into the white sauce. Add salt and pepper powder to the pan.At last add the sauteed broccoli ,reserve some for garnish. Adding sauteed broccoli at the end will give the pasta a unique colour to the pasta.
Add the crushed basil leaves to the pan.Serve it with soup.
* We can add any kind of cooked veges to the pasta.
* Instead of white sauce,we can also make red sauce.
* The pasta has to be cooked till perfect. It should not be mushy for this dish.
* Always adjust spice level according to your taste.
* If you dont have dry basil, we can chopped fresh basil leaves.