I am happy to post my 150 th post today.I wud thank all my friends and fellow bloggers for bringing me ,this joyfull moment.Celebrating this occasion with coconut macroons or thengai biscuit.
Coconut macroons or biscuits are my favourite.We used to buy it in a small petty shop next to our school.I remember ,it will cost 50 paise .I wud bag around 1 rupee ,some how and buy it.It will not be a same menu ,one day this,one day 'then mittai',elandham pazham,a slice of mango and it goes on and on.Will munch these and walk back to home .Hmm I was surprised ,when saras gave me home made macroons.I was mesmerised by the taste and prepard it asap.This is her recipe ,which I altered a bit.
1.Condensed milk - 1 cup
2.Sweetend coconut fakes- 2 1/2 cups
3.All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
4.Milk - 1/4 cup
5.Rice flour - 1 tsp
6.Baking soda - a pinch
7.Salt - a pinch
* Take a big bowl,add condensed milk and milk,whisk it well.
* Now slowly fold in all purpose flour,rice flour,baking soda,salt and mix well ,without any lumps.
* Sprinke the coconut flakes and mix well.
* Pre heat the oven for 400 degrees and pace it .
* Cook till it becomes golden brown or for 12 - 15 mins
* Cool completely on a wire rack and serve.
My son love to have it with choco chips.So topped the second batch with choco chips..The original recipe called for rava,since i didnt have rava,used rice flour for crispness.
Recipe Courtesy : Saras Kitchen
Dont worry ,if u see that the bottom of the biscuit starts brown unlike the top.When u cool it it becomes crisp automaticaly.If u dont have wire rack for cooling,just use the rack in ur oven for cooling the macroons.
Sending this to Aipi and Priya's Bookmarked Recipes