Cabbage is rich in fibre.This kootu can be cooked with chana dal or moong dal.Here i hav used moong dal.
1.Cabbage - 1/2
2.Moong dal - 1/2 cup
3.Onion - 1
4.Tomato - 1
5.Green chillies - 3 to 4
6.coconut - 2 to 3 pieces
7.red chillies - 3 to 4
8.pepper corns - 5 to 6
9.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
10.Mustard - 1/4 tsp
* Pressure cook the moong dal and keep it aside
* Chop cabbage,onion,tomato and slit the green chillies
* grind the ingredients 6 thru 9 into a paste.
* In a pan add oil and splatter mustard seeds and curry leaves.
* Add the onions and saute it well with green chillies.
* Add the cabbage and when it is half cooked , add the tomato.
* when the tomato is cooked, add the grinded paste and saute it untill the raw smell is gone
* now add moong dal to the gravy with some water and let it boil for 3 to 4 mins
Garnish it with cilantro and serve with white rice.