Pulaos can be done in 100 different ways.Here i have shown u ,peas pulao.This dish goes well with prawn gravy,mutton gravy,and ofcourse chicken.
1.Basmati rice - 1 cup
2.Peas - 1/2 cup (boiled)
3.Onion - 1
4.green chillies - 2 to 3
5.coconut milk - 1 cup
6.ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
7.whole garam masala
8.salt to taste
9.cilantro for garnishing
10.ghee - 1 tbsp
* Wash and soak the basmati rice for 15 mins
* chop the onions and chilles length wise.
* grind the coconut and take milk out of it.
* soak the green peas over night and pressure cook it .make sure it is half boiled.
* In a pressure cooker, pour 1 tbsp of ghee and let it get heated.
* now add the soaked basmati rice and let it slightly get roasted.
* remove the rice from the cooker and keep it aside.
* Now add oil in the cooker and add all the whole garam masalas ( cinnamon,cardamon,cloves,brinji leaves)
* Add green chillies and onions and saute it untill light brown.
* Add ginger garlic paste and fry it until the raw smell is out.
* Now add the peas and let it get cooked .
* pour the coconut milk and a cup of water.
* once the water is boiled , add the rice and add salt to taste.
* After a whistle keep the flame to low for 15 mins
* Remove the cooker from heat and transfer the pulao to another vessel.
Now the Peas pulao is ready, just garnish with cilantro.
The reason for transferring the rice after cooking to another vessel ,is to make the rice non sticky .We can use all veg instead of peas.Carrot,beans,potato,broccoli ,everything goes very well with this.