Paneer butter masala is a famous north indian side dish. Now has found its route in south also.It is well known for its creamy texture and it melts in our mouth as its name specifies.Oh ok my ,mouth starts watering, lets get into the recipe
1.Paneer - 1 cup
2.onion - 1
3.tomato - 1
3.green chillies - 2
4.Kasturi methi pwdr - 1/2 spoon
5.chilli pwdr - 1 tbsp
6.kesari color - a pinch
7.half & half milk - 1 cup
9.garam masal pwdr (optional)
10. butter - 1 tbsp
* slice paneer into cubes.
* grind onion and tomato separately and keep it aside.
* In a heated pan, add oil and spltter some whole garam masalas.
* add the grinded onion and saute it until translucent. then add chillies and saute
* Now add the tomato with little salt .This salt makes the tomato to cook quickly.
* add chillie pwdr,garam masala pwdr and kasturi methi. let d masalas mix well.
* after the masalas lost it raw smell, add the cubed paneers and fry well
* add half & half milk with a pinch of kesari color.
* add a tbsp butter in to the gravy. this givs the rich texture
* turn the stove off after 4 mins and garnish with cilantro.
serve it with hot chapathis or butter naans
Kasturi methi pwdr is available in any indian store.
It can also be prepared at home, by drying the methi leaves in a heated oven...