Cabbae is full of amino acids,riboflavin and a very good source of vitamin C.It is used to cure diseases like,ulcer,cancer and inflammation.Having cabbage will regularly , increase the energy levels in the body.We can prepare dishes with cabbage in n number of ways.This is a simple stir fry ,which my mom used to do,with cooked chana dal and shredded coconut.Today our lunch had cabbage stir fry and mochai kuzhambu.
1.Cabbage - 1/2
2.Chana dal - 1/4 cup
3.Green chillies - 3
4.Shredded coconut - 2 tbsp
5.Cilantro - 1 tbsp(chopped)
1.Oil - 2 tsp
2.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
3.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
4.red chilli - 1
5.Curry leaves - 1 spring
* Finely chop the cabbage,onion,green chillies.
* Cook the chana dal till its ,90% done.
* Take a kadai,add oil,splutter with seasoning ingredients.
* Add onion and green chillies.
* Sprinkle salt and saute it till it is translucent.
* Now add ,cabbage and saute it for 3 mins or untill it becomes cooked.
* Cover and cook it.
* When the cabbage is done,add cooked chana dal and shredded coconut.
* Mix it well and garnish with cilantro.