Kothu parotta is a very famous street food delicacy in Tamil nadu .It is made up of scrambled egg,parottas and salna.It was in my mind ,for many days.Today only i got the oppurtunity to prepare it,as I was too tired to prepare any other dinner.I had some parottas leftover in my freezer.Unfortunately, I didnt have salna.So prepared only with eggs.It came out well.The basic method I am giving.We can alter the preparation ,according to ur taste buds.Also I have given the link ,of a street side shop ,preparing kothu parotta in Madurai.
1.Parottas - 5 (small)
2.Onion - 1
3.tomato - 1/2
4.Green chillies - 2
5.G&G paste - 1 tsp
6.Eggs - 2
7.cilantro - hand ful
8.Curry leaves - 1 spring
9.Lemon - 1/2
10.Colored capsicums - 2 tbsp ( chopped )
1.Chilli pwdr - 1 tsp
2.Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
3.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4
4.Chaat masala - 1/4 tsp (optional)
5.Pepper pwdr - 1 tsp
* Scrumble the parottas into tiny bits.
* Take a pan add oil,splutter with mustard seeds ,curry leaves and cumin seeds.
* Saute chopped onion with finely chopped chillies.
* Add G&G paste and saute it ,untill the raw smell vanishes.
* Now add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle salt to it.
* Cover and cook till it gets mashed up.
* Now dump in the colored capsicums and saute it well.
* Now add all the dry powders except, chaat masala and mix it.
* In one corner of the pan,break the eggs and cook it.
* Scramble the eggs and mix it with the masala.
* Now add the scrambled parottas and give it a toss.
* Adjust salt to taste.
* Squeeze in some lemon juice and garnish with cilantro.
* Serve hot.
The amt of masalas can be altered ,by ur taste buds.To make our dish so flavourful,we can also add some salna into it.Watch the ultimate street side ,making of kothu parottas
Also Sending this to Akila's Dish name starts with E event