Cluster beans is commonly known as guar gum and is used in dairy products like ice cream and as a stabilizer in cheese and cold-meat processing.Its a very healthy dish and tasty too...Prepared this along with sambar.......went well for our lunch....
1.Cluster beans - 1 cup
2.Chana dal - 1/2 cup
3.Onion - 1
4.Garlic pods - 4
5.Red chilli pwdr - 1 tsp
6.Turmeric pwdr - 1/4 tsp
1.Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
2.Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
3.Red chillies - 2
* Soak chana dal for 1 hr and grind it coarsely with red chillies ,without adding water.
* Steam the grinded chana dal in a idli cooker.
* Cut the cluster beans finely and cook it in microwave for 5 mins,adding little water.
* Take a wide pan,add oil splutter with mustard and cumin seeds.
* When they splutter,add chopped onion and garlic.
* When onion oozes out oil,dump in the cooked cluster beans and toss it.
* After a minute ,add the cooked chana dal and mix well.
* Now add turmeric pwdr,chilli pwdr and cover the pan.
* When the raw smell of the chilli pwdr is vanished,sprinkle salt .
* Sprinkle some water and cover the pan.Again cook for 2 mins.
* Turn off the heat and serve with hot sambar or rasam.